top of page

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Hablamos Español

What should you do after an accident? Do you need help choosing a lawyer or doctor? Here are some frequently asked questions regarding your accident or personal injury. Contact The Accident Hub at 1-844-983-4HUB or email, protect your rights, get the compensation you deserve, and start the healing process. We provide you access to top doctors and lawyers in Passaic, Hudson, and Bergen Counties.

Should I hire a lawyer right away? 

There's no time to waste! When you're involved in an accident that has resulted in a personal injury, your choice of lawyer is so important. You want lawyers that know the laws, know how to handle insurance companies, know the courts in the county you had your accident in,  know how to protect your rights, and will get you the compensation you deserve.

Our network of lawyers won't let you make mistakes that can jeopardize your case.  DO NOT give any statements to the other driver's insurance company. DO NOT sign any statements. Our Top Lawyers will make sure you are treated fairly throughout the entire process. 

What do I do with all the paperwork, receipts, prescriptions, medical bills, damage-estimates? 

Keep all evidence. Create a folder. Stay organized.

What if I was in an Uber or a Lyft vehicle? 

Ride services like Uber and Lyft are a great way to get around, but they too get into accidents. Their drivers are only required to have a valid driver's license, an insured vehicle, and meet a few other requirements. Whether you were a passenger in the ride-services-vehicle or were hit by one, our Top Lawyers know how to handle the case.

Did I collect enough evidence and information at the scene? Should I write down what I remember? 

You probably exchanged information with the other driver, such as name, phone, driver's license,  insurance policy, and license plate numbers. Beyond that, it is best NOT to contact the other driver directly. Avoid making any statements without consulting an Accident Hub Lawyer. 

Take a moment to write down anything important such as weather, sun's brightness, traffic conditions, time of day, time when you called 911 to report the accident etc. These details can help your lawyer support your case and get you the compensation you deserve. 

Look around to see if there are any cameras nearby, such as a traffic or security cameras. Make note of their location and who you might need to contact to get a copy of the footage.

Are personal injury lawyers expensive to hire?

No, our network of lawyers work on a contingency basis. That means if they don't win, you don't have to pay for anything. The Accident Hub lawyers know how to win. You're in good hands. 

There's so much to remember, how do I keep track of it all?

Keep a Diary. Get a simple notebook and start to take notes with dates. Your diary can include information on how the accident has affected your life and the life of your family, marriage, and other relationships, the frequency of pain and suffering, how your body is changing, the different body parts affected, how the pain feels (throbbing, stabbing, burning sensation, etc) the types of medication you have to take and how it makes you feel, if they were effective, if they had side-effects that you now have to deal with, changes in mental state if any, if you feel depressed, etc.

The point is, over the weeks and months, or maybe longer, that your case goes on, you as a person will change. The way in which your accident has or will affect you is something you should continuously discuss with your lawyer, doctors, and other medical professionals.

You should also track the miles you drive to and from medical treatments, meetings with your lawyer, and the time you lose from work, or from school. Call The Accident Hub, we'll guide you all the way. 

Should I get witnesses involved?

Yes, if there were witnesses to your accident and you have their contact information, get that to your lawyer.

How do I get a copy of the Police Report? I don't remember what I told the police. And, what if I don't agree with what the Police Report says? 

If there was serious damage, and or you were personally injured, the police should have arrived at the scene of the accident. If you were unable to give a statement because you were injured provide a statement at the police station of the town where the accident happened as soon as possible.

If you disagree with what the Police Report states ask to provide supplementary information to the report. An Accident Hub Lawyer can help you with that.

The Accident Hub will provide you with a printed and digital copy of your Police Report. We are here to help. 

Should I see a doctor even if I don't feel any pain?

Yes. You should seek medical attention after an accident, even if at first you feel fine. Some injuries, like whiplash, serious internal injuries, sprains, and etc. can take days or even weeks to become painful.

FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ORDERS. Keep all appointments. Their medical reports will support your legal claim and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. 

What if my insurance company calls me first and wants me to make a statement on a recorded phone call?

Don’t worry, stay calm and tell them you'll have to schedule a time more convenient for you and that you'll let them know when - THEN CALL YOUR LAWYER IMMEDIATELY. Let your lawyer speak for you. Avoid discussing your accident with anyone except for your lawyer. 

Should I report my accident to my insurance company?

Most insurance policies require that you notify your insurance company after an accident. Before you call them talk to the Accident Hub first. We'll guide you all the way.  

What compensation can my lawyer get me?  I'm worried I won't be able to work.  I'm worried how to pay the rent or mortgage.  What if I'm in pain for years to come? 

These are all great questions.  Your lawyer may seek compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income or the ability to earn a living, estimated future losses,  extended care, vehicle damage, and other damages caused by your accident.   Contact The Accident Hub, our Top Lawyers will make sure they protect you.  Your family's financial security could be at risk. We will protect you and get you the compensation you deserve. 

bottom of page